Just wondering which is the best to grill with? I personally like using real wood chips.

Views: 239

Replies to This Discussion

I have both, and use the gas when I need to be quick. But charcoal most definitely gives a better flavor, in my opinion.
thanks guys, like to hear more opinions.
As everybody has said it depends on what your cooking and where!!
exactly right depends on how much time you have. how anyone who really calls themselves a grill master that dont have both i dont understand
I have both But i love charcoal. The wood chips are good esp. for fish MMMM im getn hungry!! How abo a smoker now were talkn. I love lamb on the smoker. Smoke it for a few hours makes my mouth water!!
I like the ease of use for a gas grill but you can't beat the flavor you get when you use pecan or apple wood. Both give a sweet taste that can't be matched by any spice!!!! Pecan wood is my fav for just about anything. Charcoal gives a great smoke taste with lil effort and I will admit that I do use a good bit of it at home. There is a happy medium however, there is a red bab from Walmart that have coal made from oak wood chips. Works great!! Give any of em' a shot. Let me know what ya think!!!
I agree with most here....for burgers, dogs, and such, gas is the easiest way to go. If you want true BBQ flavor, use just enough charcoal to get your wood started, then go exclusively with either pecan or mesquite. I also like throwing some apple or cherry wood chips in the fire to give the meat a nice flavor. If you're cooking a brisket, a friend of mine turned me on to usinga mixture of Dr. Pepper and apple juice in a sprayer and misting the meat every 4 hours or so.
Do you have a smoker? It all begins with a good smoker. Take a new one, wipe down the interior with cooking oil, then get a good fire going in there like you would cook with, but do not cook anything. Let all that smoke cling to the inside of the pit, and get it good and seasoned, and that's half your battle.
Then you have got it, my brother......mine uses a fire box on the side. Whole hogs?? now that sounds yummy!! I tend to do a lot more ribs and sausage, brisket takes a long time.
We have got to trade sauces......I have hit on one using Jack Daniels and Tabasco. It's got a sweet and somewhat spicy taste, and when I add the choppe onions, and let them stew in that whiskey, it does something to them that just makes that sauce.
I use both, but I definately use the charcoal grill more than the gas and the family and friends seem to like it more as they say their food tastes better. The trick is keeping a clean grill and cleaning the grates and rubbing them down in olive oil once there clean and right before I cook on it again. I've been using my rollout Royal Oak BBQ grill with out problem, the past six years and thats year round. Nothing like a good grilled N.Y. strip on New Years Eve at 20 degrees outside, good friends and a cold beer. We do it every year as well.
I prefer charcoal but the ease of gas is hard to pass up

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service