Years ago, I wrote my departments hose manual and had to come up with graphics to do the job. Looking at these years later, I discovered that they aren't all that bad and do a good job representing the basic hose lays that an engine company must have down to the point where they can do them in their sleep. So, by looking at the graphics, can you correctly identify which is which? 

The first person to correctly post the correct answers will receive their choice of patch from a selection that I will post here online. 

Congratulations to the following Firefighters who have each one a mystery fire department patch.  Did they get the correct answers. No. Then why would I send them patches if they didn't get the right answers?  

Because they tried....

These individuals should be commended for reaching out and trying something new. The future of the fire department relies on people that take the initiative. The fire service concept of lead, follow or get out of the way is readily apparent here. It's easy to post comments that require no critical thinking. Out of 40,000 plus firefighters all over the world, only (4) people have made an attempt to answer questions. Just an observation...

1:10,000, interesting statistic?

CBz

1.  A.  Blitz Line  

B.  Flaking Hose

C.  Single Reverse

D.  Single Straight

2.  A.  Blitz Line  

B.  Flaking Hose

C.  Single Reverse

D.  Single Straight  

3.  A.  Blitz Line  

B.  Flaking Hose

C.  Modified Wye

D.  Single Reverse 

4.  A.  Blitz Line  

B.  Flaking Hose

C.  Single Reverse

D.  Single Straight  

5.  A.  Flaking Hose 

B.  Double Reverse

C.  Double Supply

D.  Double Straight 

6.  A.  Flaking Hose 

B.  Double Reverse

C.  Double Supply

D.  Double Straight  

7.  A.  Flaking Hose 

B.  Double Reverse

C.  Double Supply

D.  Double Straight  

8.  A.  Blitz Line  

B.  Flaking Hose

C.  Single Reverse

D.  Single Straight  

9.  A.  Blitz Line  

B.  Monitor Deployment

C.  Really Big Rainbird® Sprinkler

D.  Left Handed Smoke Shifter

All images ©2010 Captain Busy.  All rights reserved.

Note: Any fire department, firefighter, fire explorer, fire cadet, junior firefighter may use any of these graphics for personal or departmental use only. These are not to be used or sold for profit. These graphics are my intellectual property and I want folks to use my stuff, not people who will charge someone else for using it. Thank you for your understanding.

Views: 1231

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Capt, uh...should there be graphics with this post?
what? no graphics? they show up on my computer... standby... oh yea, thanks!
how about now? anyone see at least (1) one graphic?
"I" is the only graphic that shows up
You have "I" and "H" now.....maybe I'll check in tomorrow for the rest. :-)
I'm seeing H and I, that's it. Is there a 12 year old near by that can help you?
does this look familiar Jack?

LOL hey, I was the one that found that, it's MINE!!
Not too sure if this is right but here goes: 1-C,2-B,3-E,4-F,5-A,6-G,7-I,8-D,9-H. I'm reasonably sure one is right not sure at all about the rest but you never know until you try.
I'll give it a try 9-H,8-A,7-I,6-G,5-C,4-F,3-B,2-D,1-E not sure about it :)
Michael & Liz: Nope... but you both nailed the monitor! I am going to change formats to make it a little easier. The graphics are not necessarily all that descriptive.
Either way, both of you please send me a message with your contact email addresses. I will send you an email where you can reply to me and I will send you both a fire department mystery patch. I've got tons of them and look forward to giving them away with training related posts in the future. Good effort, the answers were both very close.

CBz
Note: I have made this quiz multiple choice to both help folks out unfamiliar with all of these hose lays. This also serves as a nice template for engine company training review. Some folks take these graphics, print them out and paste them on 3x5 cards. When it comes time to deciding which hose lay to do, you have a 1 out of 9 chance of getting the monitor for example...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service