Who out there is using the Blue Card Fire Command system? What do you think?

Views: 1124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am currently taking the online course and am 3/4 of the way through.  The Brunacini's have a good training and I believe the system is good.  Without knowing about the blue card way of doing command our department already does the basics of the system.

We are an all volunteer dept. and I believe I'll take some of the things they teach to use but it doesn't really fit our dept. to use everything, ie. engine, truck, rescue companies.  I believe command boils down to someone who knows how fire acts and having a strong presence on the scene to be able to mitigate the scene safely and effectively.  

I have taken the blue card command. It is an excellent teaching tool very well organized and explained.
I have not been able to take the in person training in the midwest however the online portion is excellent and well worth the effort and money.
Mark

We do not use the blue card system. There is a smaller paid department near us that uses. From what I can gather through speaking with the firemen on that dept. and hearing the radio traffic during incidents they have had. The Blue card system of command, has alot of radio traffic. It also seems geared more for a small dept. with few fires. Sort of a micro manage the inexperienced crew type thing. 

In my opinion it is a bit silly.

By the way Roger, I love  your work,  THE WALL is a Rock masterpiece. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service