Which one do you like and why?

Views: 1027

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not gonna lie I have to go wiht the Bourkes and I know they dont do much if anything at all but strictly for the look especially after a few good fire and they melt and curl up but I also have a pair of ESS innerzone 2 goggles on my helmet that I wear on MVA I dont really like the shields due to the fact that stuff can go under it and also when your in a fire its already hard enough to see why do you need another piece of plastic in your way those air mask arent made cheaply....
My FD did away with shield and went to goggles. When I was in FF1 the instructor actually told anyone with shields to take them off there was no use.We had goggles,eye protection,or scba depending on the drill. He said the shields are known to melt easy,crack, or break and they dont protect ur eyes as well as the above.
Geez, Tommy; tell us how you really feel. I'm not even the one that said it and I think you are being rediculous. Take some Zanex or Prozac or something and calm down
Bourkes have never met NFPA Standards unless used along with goggles.
On our dept. we have all Cairns 1044's with the defender visor or face shields.
My opinion.......Faceshields- Okay, they do wear out and fall down frequently.
Bourkes/Goggles- Perfect, wether firefighting, extrication or just training.
Defenders- Terrible, If you wear eye glasses very few slide down over them without knocking them off of our face and they are really difficult to flip down when new and with gloves on.
I have never used the Defender shields,but I've always preferred the Bourkes over the faceshields. The face shield has always got in the way of my flashlight and I can't see through it when it's dirty anyway. The face shield has always managed to get loose and just slide down. Bourkes have never let me down. Yeah, they curl up when in heat, but that's the nature of the game.
Face shield all the way and I also have safety glasses if needed.
im trying to get a sam houston with goggles and bourkes
Bourkes But they are useless after a few good fires
We don't have much of a choice. Our SOP is full face shield. It's a saftey issue, so it doesn't bother me that bad. It's nice to look more traditional, but what is more important?
I have Bourke Shield on my lid but in all reality, I use neither. Good old fashioned safety glasses for most exterior work.
Faceshield. I like them the best. Use safety glasses when needed, but faceshield for fires.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service