I'm looking for any departments that have a SOG or SOP on the handling of bomb threats. We do not have anyone trained in explosives (nor wants any). I'm wanting to locate something that says we put out the fires and pick up the pieces afterwards, not that we go in and search and clear the building.

Thanks

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We run an engine and have a tanker on stand-by at the station. No lights or sirens. No radio communications once on scene and we usually stage 2 or 3 blocks away from the suspected "bomb". PD does the rest. They have a bomb sniffing dog that they call in. Once it is clear, PD lets us head back to station.
Send me your e-mail and I will send you what we have....not much but may help....Paul
Chief send an email to USFA and request it be posted in their weekly TradeNet email.

www.usfa.dhs.gov/nfa/trade/

There is a link on that page to subscribe to Tradenet. Alot of good information or ideas can be obtained through this weekly/bi-weekly mail.
We call any hazardous devices threat calls a code 100. Our SOP is to stage a minimum of a block away and let the PD and the State Police Hazardous Devices UNit (aka the bomb squad) clear the building.

Until it goes KaBoom.. it is a PD issue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service