I just wanted to get an idea of what people are carrying in their bunker gear pockets.  When I first was hired, they issued us a spanner wrench, and a pocket mask for CPR.  Recently at work, I asked one of the newer fire fighters what he carries and he had 20 lbs of stuff including an all purpose hatchet looking device, rope, door wedge and a weather proof flashlight.

So I started searching on the internet looking for some accessories for my bunker gear to update.  In addition to finding some really cool ideas, I stumbled across this Firefighter knife that seems like an unbelievable deal and it has some cool firefighter graphics on it too:

Here is a link to the knife I am planning to purchase for my bunker gear pocket.

So outside of a cool 2 dollar knife, what else are you carrying in your pockets?

Look forward to reading your replies.

Stay safe!

Views: 19603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry the following in my bunker pockets:

Extrication gloves, heavy gauge Medical gloves, a couple of door wedges, A Gerber multi-tool, a general purpose lock-blade knife (like the one you posted on here),and a pair of hose straps. I always grab a tool off the rig when I go in, I prefer a Haligon and a flat-head ax, but sometimes a Pike pole is better for the job.

At a $1.95 a piece, buy a half-dozen of these and you'll have replacements when they break!, or you can keep one your tool box, glove box, coat pocket, station pants, etc... A knife with a seat belt cutter built in might be a better choice for on the job.

Here's a good example. Spend a little more and get a better knife: http://www.knivesplus.com/bokerknifebk-mb366.html

or this one: http://www.extremely-sharp.com/rescue-red-folding-knife.html

Greenman
Oh yeah, nearly forgot...

I keep a couple of those $3 LED flashlights you can get at Autozone in my coat pockets on my turnouts. They're small (3 AAA), have aluminum bodies and are extremely bright, as backup lights. They're handy.

Greenman
coat
flash light, ems sissors, adjustable wrench, med gloves, spair flash light
pants
left pockit-work gloves (depending on time of the year cold weather and light waight ones of summer)
spanner wrench, 3ft of rope
right- stucture gloves
and on my radio strap i have a leatherman.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service