whats the best firehouse meals u have had recently ??? and how many chili cook offs is there really going on ?????

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before that it was smoked ribs and roast with all the fixins
I tell you what after I get thru some hard core hands on training and teaching classes at any station...You dont dare, even putting your fingers close to anyone because you will draw back a nub. But I would have to say you cant never go wrong with pizza like im sure has been metioned several times in here...It fills the void and the guys and gals are ready for another round...And plus it can be breakfest for first shift...So there you go kill two birds with one stone...And no chili cook offs here....
My department only cooks about once a week on the day shift, and it's usually something fast. On meeting nights, we stick to good ole standards, Stews (with Bambi invited), Fish Fry's, and Louisiana standards like Red Beans and Rice, Gumbo or Jumbalaya. Afraid anytime anyone mentions a Chili cook-off, someone cooks up a pot and we end up taking a nap and forgetting about it.
Wow! Chili Cook-offs ... almost ancient history. These days, it is all about BBQ!!

However, in the kitchen? For easy and fast (as well as nutritious!), Panini's rule!! You can make these things as healthy (or unhealthy!) as you want. Easy to do a large number of them with one or two people doing prep and cooking.

Good italian bread, onions, peppers, cheeses, sausage, salami, tomatoes (or even better, Brushetta paste), olives, herbs, olive oil, garlic ... whatever looks good to the shoppers and is fresh. A couple of these per person with a drink; chow time!!

If you don't have a griddle top on your cooker, about eight bricks (wrapped in heavy-duty foil) and two industrial-size cookie sheets works in a hot oven.
Come on Chief ... baked beans?? At least make them Ranch Beans! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service