Bad Radio Transmission, Missing Tones and Missing Calls because of it?!?!? Please help.!

Hi My Name is Ryan. I carry a Motorola Radius GP300 2-Way Radio that has 16 channels on VHF. I Live Right under a big hill and that blocks my radio transmission, or the transmission goes right over my radio, so I am always missing calls because I am not getting toned out. On some days I recieve calls but 90% of the time I don't. What can I do to recive calls without moving my location?

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, unfortunataly, the only options i can think that you may have is put in a base radio with a 50-100' antenna. I don't know of any way to bend the waves down to your house but the antenna will help.
Ok, Would you be able to send me a link with one that will work? I would greatly appreciate it!
One question about that. If I bought one of those would it just need a power source and then it would retransmit everything?
ok, would you be able to send me a link where i could by one?
Just curious
Does your department have selective paging where maybe there not paging you individualy because your an explorer?
No Sir, When my Department gets toned regardless of the call, I will get toned.
Ryan,

Have dispatch call your Mommy and Daddy when a call is toned out and they will let you know. That way you are safe.
do you hear outher traffic on your radio
The radio you are using is not meant for the fire service either. It is not a heavy duty radio.
J,

I have the same radio. It's a little bulky but I can use it as a hammer.
just checking alot of combination departments use selective paging and some times your number just dosent get hit
no i don't, even when i put it on scan it doesnt get anything

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service