I'm working on a standardized inventory for the structure engines of my department. I have a couple questions before I send it up the chain.

Biggest question I have is supply hose inventory. How much do you carry and what size? If you feel like, I would appreciate a brief reason why (a sentence or 2 max)

Next: Is there any special equipment you carry beyond the ISO and NFPA inventories? Why?

If anyone has a written inventory form and is interested in sending a copy, let me know. 

I appreciate your time!

Views: 958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bobby,

We carry 1100 feet of 5" supply line. This is about the midpoint between hydrants in our area with a little left over to supply ladder trucks or other engines.

Marc

Thanks!

the station i worked at our first out had 1200 feet 5", 800 feet of 3", 300 feet of 2 1/2", the best way is to inventory when you have hose testing label each hose by year manufactured so example 4-98-001, and so on with the same size hose unless its a different date so then you would 6-01-001, hope that gives you a good idea how to start.

https://firechief.iso.com/FCWWeb/mitigation/ppc/3000/ppc3003.jsp

http://www.firedepartment.org/about/SAM/references/Category%206%20-...

Bobby, everything on each truck in our department is inventoried. Each inventory sheet also has a maintenance check list.  Every month when we do small engine checks everything on the Truck check/maintenance sheet gets checked and everything on the inventory sheet gets checked also to make sure every tool and fitting ect. is in the right compartment and on the right truck. This helps me know what will need to be replaced long before it fails;and what was left on a scene someplace. Send me your e-mail address and i will send you a copy of what we use. You can then change them to what you need in your department.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2021   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service