The following two-question test is something I've found helpful for teaching recruits and EMT students how to do better on those multiple-choice certification tests we all love hate so much.

Question 1

The sun is:

A) A planet
B) A moon
C) A star
D) A celestial body that gives off light and heat

Question 2

When playing American football, the most important equipment item is:

A) the helmet
B) the jersey
C) the kicking shoe
D) the team bus

You guys have fun with the thought process, and post your answers.
Once we get some answers up, I'll give the correct answers and explain the rationale.

If you get them both correct, you probably already have good multiple choice test scores.

Some of your posts are pretty insightful, and one of the posters has picked up on a key point for Question 1. Keep this up - there is some good discussion here.

The answers and some teaching points have been posted, but there is still some good discussion going on, particularly about some of the context of Question 2. If you have additional comments or if you disagree with my points, feel free to keep posting.

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LMAO, Luke.
1.) D- one answer, a star doesn't necessarily give off heat and light, or even be a celestial body
2.) B- need to know who's on your team, and have any of you ever played a pick-up game without a helmet or a kicking shoe, and gotten there in a pov
Without much thought process, C and A

With more thought process and smoke coming out of my ears, D and B

Come on Ben you have me in suspense.
1.C
2. A
I'll go with "c"...the sun is a star, and "d"...as previousely stated, not much of a game if ya can't get there.
Would love to hear your answers and explanations on this.
OK, I'll bite...

1) Is basically a trick question because both C and D are correct. Science has shown the sun is a star and a star is a celestial body which gives off light and heat. So if having to choose one answer I'll go with...C a star...
We know the sun is not a planet and it is not a moon

2) I'm going with...D...team bus. Tough to play football as one person, even if you are Mike Ditka. The bus does not necessarily have to be a traditional bus, but whatever gets the players to the field.
A...helmet, while important, football has been played for years without a helmet, from backyards to a park scrimmage
B...Jersey, sure it identifies between the teams, but again, been played in backyards and parks without organized jerseys.
C...Kicking shoe? no, there have been barefoot kickers in the past.

Now I have to go find the correct way to advance a beer up a ladder..... thanks Ben. :-)
C the sun is a star (the moon would be a moon - a smaller planetary body orbiting a larger one, earth is a planet). Yes the sun IS a celestial body but the most correct answer would be that the sun is a star (a star is a celestial body...)
A Helmet, when playing American football a helmet is required, in European or Australian football -or soccer- a helmet is not used. While soccer may not need a kicking shoe they would wear jerseys and use a team bus.
Roger Jack, I see where you are coming from the difference in American football to any other form is the fact of a helmet. I'm thinking the nice backyard type of games, still football, no pads, helmet, but sure I see where your going.
I just love all the different answers to a multiple choice question, irregardless of what the right answer is. Only difference here is that I can defend an answer without it costing me anything. Unless they can take away birthdays for wrong answers here. :)
John, like I pointed out the question specifically asked about "American" football (that should be the tip off) so IMHO the answer is A - Helmet, most important piece of equipment, I'm pretty sure you can play football with or without a bus, in fact, I'm not sure that you can play football with a bus (seems highly unfair - defensive line up, greyhound buses).
Not sure what Ben was planing but I think you've lost your birthday, at least you next one.
[note - it is regardless, or irrespective, but it is not irregardless. It's kind of a double negative which then actually means with regard. Just saying...if it comes up on another multiple choice in here.]
stay safe.....ish. :-)
Hmmm....must be the turkey, but that made sense... :-D
Interesting sidebar...everyone always comments on tryptophan as causing lethargy after eating a big (turkey) Thanksgiving dinner; egg white has 1 gram of tryptophan per 100grams of food, cod has .70 grams per 100 grams of cod, a pork chop has .25 gm per 100 gm of pork, and turkey and chicken are tied with .24 gm per 100 gm of either turkey or chicken. So I'm guessing it 'might' be the akahaul that does most people in.
So I'm guessing it 'might' be the akahaul that does most people in.

Not in this case, I'm sotally tober. :-D

What are you like Rainman to throw out such useless knowledge facts like that?
:-D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service