I am a 17 year old emt-b and a soon to be firefighter......I want to be the best that I possibly can...so I'm looking for some tips on what I should do that they don't always teach in the regular curriculum....you know learn from others mistakes instead of making them on my own.....so if you happen to have a spare moment and a tip or two.....please take the time and share with me.As well as any little things that have happened to save your rear end or someone elses.... Thanks, ~Jen

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry of all the rodents I'd rather not be a mouse! lol thanks though! :)
Thank you......Thank you to all of you.......:)
Get to know your trucks! Most importand of all BE SAFE!
Go talk to the members who have been there for over 30 years, when your talking to them they with give you little tid bits of information mixed in to the conversation, if your not really listening you will miss it. I remember back when I was a young fire fighter those tid bits saved my butt many times...

And especially listen to their stories, you can learn so much from just listening.
Okay, here is my tip. While working Rodeos, Don't squat with spurs on. :)
If you wish to make it a career , strive to be the best, thirst for knowledge , never ,ever stop learning . Gain all the experience you can, there are more right ways to do some things than there are wrong ways
lol....good advice!!!!!!LOL....guess you are speaking from experience.....the only time I went to a rodeo I was on the ambulance so I wasn't wearing spurrs...
I was refering to that one as an emt....I was just thinking about bedside manner...and honestly I was not talking about crying but the fact that they know you may just make them feel a lot better about the situation that they happen to be in.....all I'm saying is that sometimes if not always is it not right to show that you care?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service