Hey guys! I was wondering how I could go and get into a Airport Firefighter Cert class. I've been looking around Wisconsin and it seems that no one offers the class. Hope you guys can help me out somehow. THANKS!

Views: 501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LSU and Texas A&M (TEEX) both offer this class. You can view their website fkor further details.
If your looking for places other than Wisconsin, check this link out:

http://www.sbcfire.org/training/index.asp

I know they put on a good class, there used to be a website for the ARFF. I know if you call the information phone number on that site they can put you in touch with who you need to talk to.
One thing about taking the ARFF class. You can get the certification from the class, but at least here in Georgia, to get State Certified, the written test has to be on the indexed airport in your jurisdiction. There are 7 indexed airports in Georgia, the index being based on the largest size of regularly scheduled commercial aircraft that lands at your airport. The airport near my home is an index A, the smallest requiring 24-7 fire coverage, while Atlanta Hartsfield is an index E, the largest rating. The index ratings are determined by the FAA, so there is little room for wiggle in them. Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training has written 7 different tests for the ARFF class, and each test is based on one different airport. The tests cover basic ARFF firefighting as well as specific questions to the airport and the aircraft that land there. That being said, if you get into a class, you will enjoy it.
I teach both the FAA 40 hr basic firefighter course and the NFPA 1003 ARFF Certified Firefighter Programs. They are similar in content, the NFPA is pro-board certified.

May I ask why are you looking for an ARFF class?

The New Hampshire Fire Academy has a program set for October 2008, they offer on-campus housing and the program is pro-board certified and FAR139 approved using an FAA funded ARFF Spill Pit and a SAFT
Interior Fire Aircraft Prop with capabilites for engine wheel/brake/apu/ cargo/ baggage/ cabin and cockpit fires. They also own an Osh-Kosh T-1500 wih a snozzle for vehicle operations.

You can Google NH Fire Academy or call 1-603-271-2661 ask for Captain John Uitts, tell him A/C Greenwood sent you his way.

FETC www.fetcservices.com
Well I have been looking into ARFF for a while now. It's something that interests me. There just doesn't seem to be any classes out this way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service