When I started 6 years ago I was hired with Tattoos Two of which could be seen with a short sleeve shirt on Since then I have worked for the United states Government where There was nothing said about My ink and now Im back on the Municple side I am going to have to start covering them with a long sleeve uniform shirt in Our beautiful 90 degree summers thats going to feel just dandy So .. heres My question
How many of You Smoke Eaters and Radio Heads have Tats and do You have to have them covered when on the Job??

Im really intrested in the input Im going to get back

Sgt Bobby J King
Madison County Div of Emergency Svcs
Firefighter Rescue Tech

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your employer has every right to put guidelines on how you look when you are representing them. Why do you wear a uniform? How come no facial hair or long hair. You can cite safety reasons, but the bottom line is apperance. Do you want your 90 year old grandmother being intimated by a big guy with tats showing everywhere? That is exactly what would happen. You would not get the respect.

I love tats I have several myself (and Piercings). They are covered when in uniform.

Remember the fire departments are built on tradition and we should honor that no matter what.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service