What influnced you to join the fire and ems service? Was it by watching emergency or any other first response series? Was it generations of family service? Was it the desire to help people? if so tell us about it.

Views: 1915

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I had a noble answer.

When I moved to this town 11 years ago I started my live over with nothing. This town has been very good to me and I wanted to pay it back. In a small town everyone has to do something to keep it all going; EMS, Fire, T-Ball, Senior Citizen Center - it's all up to volunteers.

I had been dating a fireman for a couple of months and started running on the Jaws as a spectator. It didn't take long and I was on the department. Several years later EMS was running HARD. It seemed their runs were going back to back. I figured I may as well take the FirstResponder course to help them out. I took the FirstResponder course and I was hooked! I continued my training through Kansas EMT-I.

I was asked once why I became a firefighter and EMT, and my answer was because I COULD. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service