COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Two firefighters were killed in a fire in Colerain Township on Friday morning, Cincinnati television station WLWT reported.

The fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. at a home on Squirrels Nest Lane. Two members of the first arriving Colerain Township fire crew went into the home to start fighting the fire.

More firefighters arrived but they lost radio contact with the firefighters. A second alarm was issued and units from nearby Fairfield were called to assist.

Shortly thereafter, the fire command still could not reach the lost firefighters and made a mayday call to track all the firefighters. Other firefighters found a fire hose in the home without anyone around it.

Fire Department spokesman Steve Conn said that it appears that the home's floor collapsed, sending both firefighters into the basement. Both were covered in rubble when they were found, Conn said.

No names have been released. Conn said both firefighters' bodies have been recovered from the home.

The last time a Colerain Township firefighter died in the line of duty was in the 1970s, Conn said.

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Heart, Thoughts, And Prayers Are With The Families, Friends, & Fire Department Families Of The Fallen Brothers!! May God Be With You In This Difficult Time!!
Our Thoughts and Prays are with there family and department. God Bless them all.
God Bless Capt. Robin Broxterman and FireFighter Brian Schira, we continue
in prayer for Family and Friends. Knowing that because these two fallen heros
gave it all for their neighbors. May God strengthen and bless in every way. You
will never be forgotten rest in peace, God Is Love.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and colleagues of these two fellow firefighters. God bless you and ease your pain at this loss.
I was a firefighter on the line for 30 years. Whenever, a fallen brother or sister dies on duty it is a tragedy. I pray for the family and friends of the fallen. Even though I don't know them personally it causes pain deep within. God bless!
On behalf of our fire department, our heartfelt condolences are extended to the families of Capt. Robin Broxterman and Firefighter Brian Schira and to the Colerain Township Fire Department.
May we all reflect upon this recent tragedy and honor the fallen by re-committing to our call to duty.
Art
Yet again more of our brothers are called home. God bless the families and friends of our fallen brothers. Our prayers are with the fallen and their families.

"Lay me down beside cool waters, and lay to rest my body sore, send the word out to my brothers the fire is down, let it burn no more." Fireman's Prayers by Plainfolk
Rest in Peace Brother & Sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
The two firefighters that died, were Captain Robin Broxterman of 17 years and first female Captain of Colerain Township Fire Department, age 37. Robin is survived by her parents and sibling, and two little girls 8 and 10. She was enganged to be married to Don Patterson, fellow firefighter. Robin worked side by side with my husband for years and I had the pleasure of knowing her. We are at a loss for words right now. She was a great gal, spunky and talented in her works.
The second firefighter is Brian Schira, age 29, who was a newcomer with Colerain FD since November of 2007. Brian came from Delhi Fire Department and was a great, quiet and wellrounded respected man. Brian was due to be off the clock that morning at 6am, but took this call at 6:10am, as so many do when their shift is up, making it his last.

Even in their last moments, they showed true comradery for eachother.

We mourn their loss deeply, as well as the community and extended family of brotherhood.

Any donations can be made to Kemba Credit Union of Cincinnati, or the fire departments for which they worked for.

Respectfully,

Kari C., Founder
Firefighterwives.com
I am a Fire Fighter here in the state of Florida. Our station just recently lost a fellow fire fighter. I will be praying for the family of the fallen. God holds them in his glory now.
Thoughts and prayers for the families, fire department and community. May they rest in peace.
condolences from the fire brigade of antwerpen in belgium

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service