COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Two firefighters were killed in a fire in Colerain Township on Friday morning, Cincinnati television station WLWT reported.

The fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. at a home on Squirrels Nest Lane. Two members of the first arriving Colerain Township fire crew went into the home to start fighting the fire.

More firefighters arrived but they lost radio contact with the firefighters. A second alarm was issued and units from nearby Fairfield were called to assist.

Shortly thereafter, the fire command still could not reach the lost firefighters and made a mayday call to track all the firefighters. Other firefighters found a fire hose in the home without anyone around it.

Fire Department spokesman Steve Conn said that it appears that the home's floor collapsed, sending both firefighters into the basement. Both were covered in rubble when they were found, Conn said.

No names have been released. Conn said both firefighters' bodies have been recovered from the home.

The last time a Colerain Township firefighter died in the line of duty was in the 1970s, Conn said.

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

our thoughts and prays are with the family and the fire family and friends of the 2 fallen
God bless our fallen heros, our fallen Brothers-in-arms.
thoughts and prayers to the families and also to fire families
My condolences and prayers to the families of our fallen Heroes, and my Prayers to their fellow firefighters.
Our Thoughts and Prays are with there family and department. May God watch over them as they go through this time of pain. GOD BLESS
I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers will be with the families and the department.
May my brothers rest in peace. My condolences to their families, friends, and their department. may everyone find the peace they need in this time of need.
May god bless the 2 firefighters, families, and other firefighters and keep them in our prayers while they go through this tragic incident.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of our fallen brothers and to their department family. May our Heros rest in peace and the families feel Gods love and strength at this time.
Thoughts and prayers to that department and to the family of our fallen brother and sister. May God be with you.
I extend my condolences to the families and the department of the fallen firefighters, may they rest in peace. You are all in my prayers! May god be with all of you!
our prayers go out to the famlies and fellow firefighters of the fallen men. god bless all. johnston city, IL FIRE DEPT.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service