Im a 19 year old female. Im currently a volunteer on my town rescue squad and i love it. I just started a few months ago so im still a probie. Im currently on medical leave so the squad is being put on hold for a little bit.But one thing ive learned,mayb its just me im not sure but whether ur a firefighter or ems personel your team is always there for you if you need help as well. Im still learning and i dont know how everything works. But my squad is like a second family to me. Is it wrong to think of them that way? My family isnt thrilled abt me being on the squad. They want me to go for something else. Ive tried my best to explain to them that its not about the money. I want to go to college for paramedic. I love to help people and this is the way i love doing it. I wouldnt change it for the world. Anyone have any suggestions as how to help explain to people that its not always about money. atleast in my eyes its about helping and saving lives? Some may disagree with that statment. But thats one persons oppinion.

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im still a probationary cause im on med leave but even off the squad and on ths site with all of you im learning also.
Hey Cassandra,

You also might want to consider inviting your first family in to meet your second family. We have a couple of "family" get-togethers every year so that our home people can mix with our station people and it seems to help them when they know the prople they are entusting their loved ones to.

And take the time to sit down with your family and tell them about your last, or most exciting run. If you are like most probies on this job, once they see that sparkle in your eyes as you talk about the job, they will understand that you are exactly where you need to be!

TCSS

Reg
thank you very much Reg. I really appreciate u commenting
lol It was easy to log I got fuel when I hit the yard. I went around the scales. oh and the how did I log that well lets just say that there were a few other people driving that night that may or may not have been in the truck.

Ralph I was haulin cattle at 16 I learned how to play with log books from the best.
What lol I was playin oilfield junky lol I was settin up a frac job in arkansas had to have 50 tanks there and filled by 8 am on friday and I got the job on a monday lol I made the deadline but it almost cost me alot

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service