Hi gang -- I'm hoping to locate a department which is planning to condct a controlled burn for training and promoting firefighter safety. My hope is to shoot some footage in High-Definition for training videos and stock footage. Although I'm on the East Coast, I'm willing to travel anywhere in the continental US for such a shoot.
Email me if you care to participate and please feel free to view my exisiting videos here on FN.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here in Michigan we are haveing one or two this month and one before november. Both are houses with barns. If interested let me know
Hey Lou,

Personally would LOVE to have you down here in Salisbury North Carolina, will be having a live burn sometime around May 20th-ish... Rowan Cabarrus Community College has just started a rookie school and if you check out http://www.rowancabarrus.edu and click the CONTINUING EDUCATION Link then navigate to FIRE on the right, you will find Roger McDaniels phone number at the bottom of the North Campus Rowan County Rookie school. Between him and Chief Parnell of the Salisbury FD they should be able to hook you up, I know Rookie Class 9 would probably love to have ya around for it.

The Scheduled live burn was supposed to be after the end of the 1403 classes on 18 May, but with all thats been happening here in town the last week, the schedule got smoked by about 5 classes, so.... Give Roger a call :)

The D of C isnt but about 6 to 8 hours from us, depending on how you would come down, there are some tricks from Wilmington to save ya some time to here..... contact me private is you like.

Peace and Fair Journeys,

Wolfy
hey lou try the shelton fire dept in ct we do a few every year and always have people there to take pics and such so good luck
Just an update... Due to the Millwork fire in Salisbury back the first of march, the burn is now slated for 10 Jun 08

Wolfy
We have 2 or 3 planned in the near future and we go stictly by NFPA 1403...But you would have to talk with our Chief in attending...We are located in upstate NY....Let me know...I can give you his name/number....Stay safe...........Paul
Hay Lou we have one comming up the end of this month here in northern Wisconsin. The date is not firm yet. I will let you know when it is. We are shooting for the 24th.
Hi Lou
the universiy of ill in champaingn does live burns at least once a month hope they can help
Hi Lou,
There is a kid’s camp in our district called Cradle beech Camp that is going to let us burn down one of their cabins. It is not very big but it is still a cabin to burn. We are planning to do this on the first Saturday of June. My district is about 30min south along the lake for Buffalo NY.
No. All we have coming sometime soon is Truck Co . My dept does not do alot of controlled burns. Sorry.
Just an FYI the 24th has been scratched and no secondary date has been set

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service