Fenton Township Michigan. We have two stations and are a paid on-call/volunteer group. No hydrants in our township so we use tanker shuttles or draft.

Views: 654

Replies to This Discussion

Here in east Texas, our three county VFDs are non paid including the one city VFD. The city has hydrants but our county's VFD area has few and usually are not near the scene so we use our Freightliner 3K gal. tank tanker/pumper (water cannon too). The tanker is also equipped with a 3K gal collapsible drop tank so when we can offer mutual aid drafting and make water runs at the same time. We never expect water unless we bring it to the scene. Fight fire and save water! Especially when fighting these Texas grass/wildland fires. Our area is about 70 square miles, a bit more than 1/4 of the county area and it takes as much as 20 minutes to get all personnel and equipment on a major scene. I just relocated here from CA and have never lived in an area covered by a VFD. Now I know and have respect for all of us you do volunteer with pride and dedication.
Williamston Fire Department, AKA NIESA EMS. We have two engines one tanker one rescue one 65' tele squirt one CJ grass rig and three Bambulances. Not in service is one mini pumper and the the tele squirt and the rescue at the moment. I am also proud to say a brand new station.
Eau Claire, southwestern lower corner by lake michigan. 10% Hyd 90% tanker shuttle. Lots of looong driveways! Thanks goodness for the power hose roller!
Springfield township fire department. Paid-on-call department with two stations and 35 members. We run roughly 730 calls a year. 90% of our calls are medicals. we are located 30 miles south of flint in northern oakland county.
Flint, MI. 6 Stations, about 130 members. We are a very busy department with heavy responses in fire and EMS. Equipment includes: 4 pumps, 2 quints, 2 squads and 1 ladder. We also provide ALS and first responder EMS. We are all licensed as EMT-Bs or AEMTs. We have members that are part of the Genesee Co. HAZ-MAT team. We have a hydrant system throughout the city.
Lewiston, Michigan. AKA, ATLFD Albert Township Lewiston Fire Department. 2 Pumpers, 2 Tankers, 2 Brush Trucks, 1 Command vehicle, 1 snowmobile and rescue sled and 2 ambulances. Kind of big dept. for a small town. 17 Fire personal and 11 ems personal on the books.
GO BLUE !!!!!!!!
I'm from Greenbush Michigan we have 2 pumpers , 2 brush trucks , 1 tanker , 1rescue , and 1 16ft enclosed trailer that we carry our cold water rescue equipment and portable scba filling station I live 11 miles north of Oscoda. And yes the town of Greenbush is as small as it sounds but its a great place to live
Frankenmuth, MI One Station, Volunteer. 2 Engines, 1 Ladder, Squad, Brush, and Tender. We run around 100 runs a year. No Medicals.
My dream department.
WILLIAM HALL II DETROIT FIRE LADDER 21
ENGINE 42/LADDER 21 BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service