I have a question should 16 and 17 year old cadet's be allowed on large grass fire where multiple agency's have been activated ? This is some thing that we are having go on in Torrance County. We have a large active fire going on right now. So question is Cadet's or Trained Firefighter.

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

even in something as "small'' as a brush fire the shit can hit the fan pretty quick. for example my fire chief was severly burned a couple years back after fighting a ''small'' brush fire in an open field on a farm when the ground he was standing on was a loosely filled landfill and he fell through where there were hundreds of burning tires underneath.remember i said CHIEF.to put an explorer or cadet in a ''small'' brush fire would not be smart.you never know what is going to happen on scene and i would much rather have my experienced brothers around than a bunch of cadets. sorry to you younger cadets and explorers but you will get your chance to fight fire you just need to be patient.
Depends on how closely they are supervised and the amount of liability the dept wants to take on. Depends also in what capacity and role, support non-front line duties sure, but frontline role needs to be assessed very carefully
The answer is no you should be @least 18 to be on the front lines and no one without the proper training should be away from the water supply thats our lifeline and the should learn it 1st with supervision of course

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service