Its still a little ways away but you better reserve rooms now! or you'll have to stay on the out skirts of the city. Princeline.com or do some checking around cause you can get it cheaper than what they advertise it for.. rooms are already almost gone so hurry up.
Does anybody have any good FDIC stories? I know I've always had a blast down there and I've only missed it a few times over 9 years but I know I'm going so I hope to see you guys there!

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My company has been going to FDIC for a few years now and I think I'll get a chance to go this year. They usually stay outside of the city. All of the people in my company say that they always have a blast and make some great new friends, so I'd love to get the chance to go! :)

Check us out at the show in 2009: we're RadioTech in Booth 5537 in Hall A, Level 1

-Amy
http://www.radiotech.com
Bumpity bump bump! Hasn't been any replies in here for a while

Well I am definently coming - airfares are booked and paid for, accom is booked, FDIC is booked and paid for. Travel plans have changed a little - it's now 5 flights to get there from the Aussie Outback to Indy via the Aussie East Coast, L.A. and Chicago so look for the guy that looks totally stoned from jetlag! Thankfully there's going to be a beautiful lady by my side to keep my pointed in the right direction "Look at all of those Pwidy wed fire twucks Honey!"

But there's a party or two to be had so who is coming??? Come one, come all!
Count one in from Columbus, Ohio! Should be a very fun and exciting year for the ones in my crew! Can't wait to meet new friends (especially one in particular) and hang out with old friends in Indy! Fellas, do we really need to have lunch at Hooters everyday?? LOL! I'll continue to be a good sport! LOL. Can't wait to see the new equipment and take a look at all of the new apparatus coming out this year. FDIC is always an exciting time! Everyone be safe traveling!
Ya never know what could happen :) Keep posting your names here and we'll post an update if we're going to do any type of social gathering JUST for FFN members at FDIC!

Dave
I'll be there also, about a 4 hour drive for me. I hate to miss it, but we rotate who gets to go each year. This year myself and 2 others will be down from Sunday through Friday. All the talk about getting together and buying cool stuff has me ready to go NOW.
Hey, I've got a question that might sound a little weird..but here goes...

My husband & I have never been to FDIC (Baltimore is closer for us) but we have been trying to convince my Mom to vend at Baltimore because she has a small company that designs and manufactures clothing (started as childrens, but has branched out to adult) that has a fire/ems line. T-shirts, sweatshirts, T rompers(baby sized clothes) that have all our original designs, some embroidered, some screenprinted. We (since it's my day job) aren't sure if it would be worth the investment (hotel, booth rental, gas etc) to do a show like this. Normally we do classic car shows because the original line was all street rod, hot rod, muscle car related. So basically what I'm wondering is, do people buy things at these shows? Would this be something that the attendees might be interested in? Would you buy something to take home to the kids?
Hope you can help me out with answers. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'd rather get a realistic idea as this would be a business not a social trip.
Thanks for the help!
I think I'm gonna sit this year out. I live up by Muncie so it's about an hour drive. And the fact that it's in the new stadium this year means there's probably gonna be alot more people to try to get around. I think I'll wait and see.
Anyone else coming? Dave - any news on that party?
I will be there through Friday. I am not sure if I am leaving Friday night or Saturday super early. I got a room through Priceline at the Holiday Inn Express within walking distance.

I am not sure what all I will go to but I will be there. I will be wearing a red shirt with a Maryland State Fireman's Assn logo on it.

Gary McGinnis
The Firefighter Nation party is going to be Friday night....we'll be announcing the location and time later this week.

Thanks
Dave
Isn't Friday night also the union party? The whole schedule etc etc hasn't made it to the Outback yet - mail is kinda slow out here!
I am driving in on Thursday morning and driving back Thursday nite. I will miss the party on Friday.
I wish we had name tags that identified us as FFN members. We will be walking right past each other and not know we're members.
I'll be hanging out at the FFN booth if anyone wants their picture taken with me.:-)
TCSS.
Art

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service