Just wondering if you are all seeing the same rise in arson fires that we are we have had 3 in the area in the last two weeks .. I think the that are poor economy is making people resort to drastic measures ..insurance if they can get away with it our jail if they don't.. people are getting desperate and the more desperate they get the more dangerous the fires seem to get just a heads up.. one failed ignition point move to another for there safety success... you arrive start a attack and the first failed ignition point fires up were you were not expecting.. everyone needs to be even a little more careful then we already are!!!!!!!!!

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great point Randy, we've yet to see this rise but I'm sure it's coming.
It does seem like we are seeing them in the Dayton area more than southern Montgomery County is but that is a great point to consider. Thanks Randy
Here in the tourist area of Wisconsin Dells/ Lake Delton, I'm somewhat surprised that there havent been many fires. With the loss of Lake Delton and the higher gas prices, I kind of thought that at least one of the smaller business (especially those relying on the lake) would have tried to pull of something like this. The economy has definately reduced a lot in our area, we can see it in our call volume as well, since it has been incredibly quiet. Thanks for the adice regarding the potential for failed ignition points, being only a year on and with a very limited number of fires, it is something that I wouldn't have thought of. Take care, and be safe.
Not so much here in my area, but time will tell.
In my opinion you will see an increase in arson fires. Other fires will be resulted from alternative fuels for heating this year as well. The gasoline in a kerosene heater trick, the woodstove in a chimney that could barely support a furnace, fireplaces not cleaned.

Yeah, I can smell a busy season coming....
We just had a building fire on main st Antwerp.. Almost became a block fire... First time I have seen a arson dog came from Montorfalls spelling in not so great.. But he came and the first thing he did was to sit at the door then he went up the remaining stairs and sat again.. This fire was at 5am .. My husband went by at 4:45 no fire out the windows... I looked out my back door after the siren went off and the whole front was on fire.. It was arson.... Big fire 3 ladder trucks and many depts.. Have some pics on my site...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service