What are all of your's favorite quote?

mine is
Bravery is not the absence of fear, it is mearly the realization that there is something more important.

I have it in written in calligraphy on the inside of my helmet.

Views: 1390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mine was from my dad i bought you in to this world ill take you out
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Whenever I get an excruciating headache or very painful injury, my son 'relocates' my pain by stomping on my big toe! The more painful other thing he does is starting an argument by asking me to give him money for a new video game while I lie dieing which makes me have to get up off my death bed to smack him one! (Hope he doesn't grow up to be a paramedic!)
..His saying to me is, "You can't die now mom, I'm in the middle of a game!"
..SusanDianeMurphree..Marianna,AR
One of my favorites is from ace fighter pilot Eddie Rickenbacker. I may have the exact wording mixed up because I've seen it quoted a couple of ways but "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do, there cannot be courage without fear". Another is "If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out?" ~John Godfrey Saxe. And for a little humor, "Seems to me the basic conflict between men and women, sexually, is that men are like firemen. To men, sex is an emergency, and no matter what we're doing we can be ready in two minutes. Women, on the other hand, are like fire. They're very exciting, but the conditions have to be exactly right for it to occur." ~Jerry Seinfeld. I found a couple of these on www.quotegarden.com while searching for firefighter quotes to add as a filler on a banquet program I was making. There are quite a few on there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service