Any one here from the navy fire yet?

Views: 1083

Replies to This Discussion

I'm here from NAS JRB Fort Worth
District #1 NRMAFES here. Is there anyone that works fo NRMAFES that is not a complaining, crying, pot stiring sad sack? Leaders are made by not just identifying problems, but rather offering solutions to problems. How I long for the old days when dedication was high up on the priority list. We need to stop acting as individuals and working together so we all can benifit. Where are the level heads?

Join the club Navy firefighter here
Hi Everyone your welcome to view our web site
http://www.localf33.org
stay safe Anthony
Be Verrryy Quiet, Don't tell anyone but I work for the NAVY at NAS Fort Worth. There are some Rascally Rabbits around here.
Why sure I am...so to be seperating to go to Fairfax Co. VA
Hey Rob,
I'm actually starting my first federal fire job with the Navy at NAS Brunswick, ME. I must say I'm quite excited to start.
Yeah I work at NOB
Hey men, You have the job I would love to have and wished i had done when I was in the Navy. I didn't realize I had the interest till later though! Do you think a Navy vet would have any chance of getting back in and working with the fire or ems service as a civilian or military on any of the bases? I know it sounds like a whacked out question, but I thought I would give it a crack. I am looking for a career change into this area. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I did use to be on the ERT on the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (aircraft carrier) back in the 80's. Hey have a good one.
Your biggest problem would be your age. By the sound of it you may a little over the limit (37) But if your under the age, Go to Navy Civilian personnel check out 0081 this will be the job description for the Firefighter. I take it you now have back ground with the fire service. If you do fill out the application, have someone review it. Check with your local base FD or the one your interested in and find out if they are going to be hiring. But you may start looking into your local departments also, Other non-DOD fire, Department of the interior, homeland security, DOA, DO Energy, DO Health Coast Guard and a few others. See(USAJob.com) . Also check with State fire departments at national guard bases. Good luck
Max age is 37 = the 57 retirement. you have to beable to work 20 years. Some have had exseptions, for over the age Mostly chiefs for the retirerment.
I beleve they had a hook up. But I have not talked to anyone directly. I was told it was a lot of cardboard and pallets.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service