will everyone in fire service fly flags at half mast. i plan to put my trucks out of the station with a flag on the pumpers bumper . unless its raining im also going to get on my knee and remember my brothers with a prayer and a momets silence do you have any plans to share with us here on ffn

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we'll have a drill that night, but I'll be home thinking of them during the day and will say a prayer in the morning, god bless:)
a moment of silence at drill would be nice too just a thought
ill be on shift thursday..ill pass on tha thought of half mast and see where it goes but we will def have a moment of silence and prayer
Well I am on the group planning my school's memorial, we are having a moment of silence at each major event of the day (6 of them), having cards signed by the student body and delivering them to the local PD and FD, then having a memorial dvd playing on school TVs, then two books on the principals office counter. We are hoping to form a committee so that these ideas can be passed on next year, and this day will not be forgotten.
im going to prayer for the ones that lost there life and there familys.
I am going to fly my flag with pride. Say many prayers for those that were lost and the ones they left behind. I am also going to teach my 4 yo all about that day and snuggle with all my family and tell them how much I love them.
We will lower our flags to half staff, and observe a minute of silence Thursday morning remembering all of the innocent lives lost that day.
Our Department has started an annual parade and memorial ceremonies that go on for most of the day. First thing in the morning we attend a school special session and our Cheif is the guest speaker this year. The parade consist of all members of Emergency Services. This includes Fire, EMS, Police, Military and this year we have have our Med Evac helicopters joining in. After the parade we have guest speakers at our Optimist Club building. This has been a tradition for several years and our citizens enjoy and participate well.

We invite several acencies surrounding us to join in the parade and activites. So the parade generally lasts a while. We are a small town FD have several very active members and we are proud to remember our fallen brothers & sisters in all branches of the Emergency Services and Military.

We will never forget 9-11. "343"
At our training meeting i hope we can have a moment of silence and a prayer .
the guys of the red lick vol fire dept are gettin to gether and havin a cook out. im not sure what ealse we are going to do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service