should the color of fire apparatus be red or lime green? or does it matter? why or why not?

Views: 14347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a fan of Traditional red, but thousands of studies have been done about the color of the trucks and each time it boils down to being able to be seen by the public I think that maybe a a fire truck the color green like the new traffic vests would work really well in urban areas
but, I think maybe fire departments should look into reflective red paint and not just the regular red paint, I mean the kind of paint that glows when the sun hits it and at night when the lights are bouncing off of it
The color doesnt matter as long as it gets the job done!!
RED. Thats the way it has been since I was a kid so I haft to red.
Your right Tim, color dosen't matter, as long as it RED LOL
I have heard that if you recieve any federal funding, you MUST paint your rigs lme green. Does anyone know if there is any truth in that?
Nearly 40 years ago there was a hard sell to get dayglo and shartruce grocery store window paint sold for fire apparatus, and the hard sell worked. But for 25 years or more, most fire companies have been quietly switching back to red and combinations of red and other colors. In the Seagrave paint shop, there are about 125 different colors and combinations, 92 of them are red and combinations of red. Fire engines are RED!
all of the trucks in our country are red with yellow chevrons on them makes them easily seen day and nite but people still dont notice the big red truck with flashing lights and siren in their rear vision mirror
Not too many people around have the color trucks that we do. The companies in the surroundeing boroughs are mostly red, one company is a strange yellowish green, and one company is white and blue. But Bellevue is proud to have a dark burgundy.
I don't think it really matters what color your tucks are, as long as they get to the scene.
Attachments:
.....fire trucks gotta be red! im not totally agenst white but red is the best! i don't know who the idiot is that thought a big slime green fire truck is necessary. you don't hear the little kids sayin i wanna ride in the big green fire truck!- no they want to ride in a big RED fire truck. ------the Green just messes with peoples heads-how you ask? what color are garbage trucks? green and white...what color are fire trucks? RED! and ambulances are WHITE and BLUE. thats just the way it should be no discussion ;)
the other thing is tradition... nobody wants anything to change anyway. ----but with truck color it isn't a matter of making it big and bettir and more effective because the paint just makes it look good----but only if its red
A fire truck just has to be red here in Big Stone Gap Virginia that is the case anyway. The pic is our 1958 American La France from 58 until 2009 our department has used Red so naturally its my color of choice.
Attachments:
I vote RED for sure! Ours are actually red white and blue. My hometown is very small and a nieghboring community runs a lot of calls with them. Of the combined 7 stations that I saw growing up Only one station had weird yellow trucks. Just didn't quite cut it for me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service