I was talking to one of our Probies the other day, and he asked me about Pompier Ladders. I told him that in 14 years, I've never seen one except in pictures. In fact, I'm certain that no F.D. in the Chicagoland area owns one of these! Are there any Fire Departments out there that actually use Pompier Ladders? Thanks in advance!

Views: 6456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that my freedom is the result of your assistance in 1944. You saved our lives !
Sebastien,
My comment was directed to (and the quote in bold was from) Gail.
As for WWII, consider it payback for helping us out in 1776, French assistance, including Lafayette and Rochambeau helped us gain our independence.
Bro you are never gonna win an argument with this guy, he is very very set in his ways, he feels that if he can not do something, or has never done something then it can not be done. Just disengage now, agree to disagree whatever because the only thing you will get arguing with this guy is sore fingers from pounding on the keyboard, I typically do not even respond in forums that he comments on.

Sadly everyone on here loves him and will take his side in most anything.
I sure am learning a lot of things thru this website. You guys are well-read!
found this ad scrap in a book my grandmother had, History of the St. Louis Fire Department. Thought it was interesting. It's copyright was in the 1940's.
Attachments:
I absolutly have no knowledge about Texaco, but wasn't it a gasoline company ?
The picture is great ! thanks Gail !
Seriously, you never heard of Texaco Oil Company ( the Texas Oil Company)or Texaco Fire Chief Gasoline? It was founded in 1901 and still is in business, although had it's problems in the Courts,Icahn and with the Middle East. Glad you like the ad.
We trained on one for the academy but we never use it.
you forgot Gerard Depardieu on your list
you forgot Gerard Depardieu on your list
also found this scrap of information from the newspaper in my grandmother's FD History Book. I'd guess it's from the 1940's also.
Attachments:
I know little informations about TEXACO, but i'd never think this company could ba associated with firefighters !
Thanks for information

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service