two nights ago we had a report of a fire at black catrs firework were house as the page was going off i could here the fireworks going off. On the way we could see smoke and the glow of the fire. when we arrived on scen the whole building was fully envolved in fire. fire works were coming out of the building everywere. we did not fight the fire it self. The caption felt that it wasn't worth the risk of anyone getting hurt we spent all night putting out little grass fires keeping the fir on that property after the main fire died down we did our mop up. just wanting to know what some of you would do on this type of fire?
PS the building was made of metal and was 75ft by 150 ft and was fully stocked of fireworks

Views: 94

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, I think you guys made a VERY smart move and my department would've done the same, there was no reason to try to fight a fire like that. Great work
With the type of materials burning, protecting exposures becomes the most important issue. The only additional thing you could have done would have been to set up unmanned aerial ladderpipes flowing big water, and unmonitored deck guns flowing water from the ground. A building that size with that fire load (and type) is a lost cause. Well done
I think your Captain made the right decision. I would have done the same thing, (keep the fire contained to the building and prevent the spread to exposures). Nice job, especially after looking at the photos! Stay safe!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service