North County firefighter who suffered severe burns trying to save someone's life, only to get fired from the department.

Cindy Schuenke a Firefighter Paramedic with the Community FPD, put her life on the line to save a 77 yr old grandmother. Only to fall thrugh the floor and into basement of the burning home. She suffered sever burns to her hands. They were not able to save the grandmother, but the family was outraged to her that the one who put her life on the line to save her, was sent a letter telling her the district no longer needed her services. I think this is an enjustice to one who did this act of heroism for which she recived a Medal of Valor.

If you think this wrong also contact them at: www.communityfpd.org and leave your comment.

Views: 158

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This is an outrage she may have not followed her sop or sog or what the NFPA or OSHA says but she saved a tried to save a life and i will pray that the departemnt reverses their decession and if they dont then they are obviously losing an amazing firefighter.
this is just Wrong getting hurt comes with the Job sometimes. hope they see the light and bring her back
Hopefully I'm not the only one who clicked on the link and sent a nastygram to the Community FPD telling them what I thought about their decision...Stay safe!
No Brian you are not the only one who has. Thank you for your support for Cindy and her family.

You be safe to.
this is so WRONG, and I'm speechless I must say to turn your back on a firefighter that was going to sacrifice her life to save another...............
THIS IS WWWRRROOONNGGGGGG!!!!!!! But if i was her i would fight it to the end while i work for a new company to keep saving lives and have the pride she deserves for her acts!!!!
Are you kidding me.. So sad to hear where things like this happen.. I totally agree she deserves something for just a brave act... We should as a family put letters together to this district township what ever for firing her and let them know how the rest of us feel.. maybe some news coverage would help thru this.. Let her know her fire family is behind her and wish her a speedy recovery....

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service