I'm looking for some ideas on how people are stabilizing larger suv's or pick-up trucks with large amounts of ground clearance. I've found that the Rescue Jacks don't get small enough, and we can only carry a limited amount of cribbing due to the size of our rescue truck. I've tried building larger step chocks but they still fall short on stock 3/4 and 1 ton american made pick-ups and utility bodies. Any thoughts or ideads would be appreciated.
I've looked into junkyard dogs, they seem to deploy quickly and in a compact design, any experiences with these would be greatly noted thank you

Views: 394

Replies to This Discussion

I hope you will post the pics on this discussion, always glad to see other ideas.
my department has 2 set of junkyard dogs and they do work very well.we had a practice with the fire department in the next town and they were very impressed with them aswell.they are very easy and fast to set up and are also very adaptable to different situations.we had one particular practice with a full sized olds on it's side and we set them up,then tried to tip the car over and it would not tip over.we still carry wood cripping aswell.hope this helps you michael.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service