Ok. I have a small (actually big) situation on my department, and I'm looking for some input from others. I'm sharing Training Officer duties with another member, and since we've started it seems that our training regime has gone for a tumble (I work shift work, and out of town, so I'm not always around). Participation is low, and the other ffs just don't seem as interested as they used too. I'm looking for any and all advice on how to keep things running smoothly.

As it is, we have 28 members on our department. More then half of which have less then 3 years experience (we have a high turn over rate).

Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have just downloaded and registered this software this morning- very good thus far. Have fiddled with 2 scenarios already. Just trying to figure out the more advanced stuff. (I think the user manual (PDF file) sux in terms of information and explanations...
People are lazy, you can't prevent that. It's hard to get people that are dedicated to the department and that will give 100% any given day. I found a set of articles on FireLink on reconstructing departments and motivating your members. You should give it a look.

Are they fixing or bitching?
In search of the real fire department.
Saving our own starts with attitude.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service