I know the red cross is here to provide assistance when a person or family loses their home,and they do a great job.What I am interested in is,I would like to know how far they will help someone and if there is any room for an organization that provides help exclusively for people who lose their home due to fire.If so how many people out there would be willing to help organize and operate such an organization?

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My wife and I have talked about starting a non-profit corporation to do exactly what you're talking about. We figured we'd start with our town and the surrounding towns and eventually work up the the entire Chicago area. The trick is coming up with the initial startup capital (cash)! We're still trying to work out that problem. Stay safe!
Sounds like a great idea and I wish you all the luck, in my area we have the red cross, and a crisis unit that will assist them in their loss also.
If people like us could get something like this to start with atleast one group in each state.I am sure we could get investors who sre looking for tax write offs.
We've also got the Red Cross here in Chicagoland, and they do a great job. We just wanted to do something more.
I totally known where your coming from Brian, we've got a pretty small town and everyone comes together when another family is down.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service