I was wondering what tattoos you all have or if you are in favor of tattoos at all..... just curious :)

Views: 3454

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I Don't Believe In Christian Tattoos, But For Each His Own. That Is A Decision Each Individual Has To Make For Themselves. I Don't Judge Anyone, Lest I Come Into Judgement Myself. Praise GOD, AMEN. Terry, Sr.
I have Three Tats. I got my First one after 9-11 , I do Feel that any tattoo I put on my Body Must Have some Meening to Me,
So far i only have one tattoo. It is on my upper right arm and it is a Maltese Cross with flames that protrude from the top of the cross and go up to and over the top of my shoulder. There are two bible verses. One is on top of the cross and trough the flames and it is Isaiah 43:2 which says: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. The second verse is below the cross and it is Daniel 3:25 which says: "Look" he answered, "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." When i was preparing to get my tattoo i did a lot of praying because i wanted to make sure that it was really what i wanted to do and i wanted it to have meaning. Since i got my tattoo in March '08 i have shared my faith with quite a few people because of it and it has become a tool that might one day lead somone to the Lord. To those who dont like/agree with tattoos i am ok with that and dont judge you because of that and i wouldnt want you to judge me because of me having one. I plan on getting another as soon as i can afford to and have been trying to find a few verses that i can also use to share the Lord with others. If you have any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

Gordon

p.s. There is a picture of my tattoo on my profile if you would like to take a look.
i am a christian and i have over 17 tattoos and there is noone in my church that condems me for it and as a matter of fact they told me that i could most likely reach come people that they couldn't because of my ink. bty they are all christian tatts
In the regards of the body is temple . In that what do you do at a temple ?? you worship As long as you are praising God and Christ I dont' think their is a problem with it Often most christians are quick to point fingers but we must all remember it is a daily struggle to walk in the faith and remember "one must get plank out they own eyes before trying to get the sawdust out of someone anthers
I used to think that tattoos were not a good thing to get. As they became more popular, I thought that I might like to have one. I wanted to get a fire related one with something to represent my parents with it (they are both passed away). As time went by and I became a father to a little boy that my ex wife and I adopted from China, my choice for my first one changed. After my divorce in Oct, I started thinking strongly about getting one. I have always wanted my tatt to be one with meaning to me. I don't put people down that get the "random" tatt, but I think that if you get one, it should have meaning to you or be some representation of you or what you do in life. On Dec. 30th, I went and got my first tattoo. It is my son's Chinese name (the name he had before we adopted him) in the Chinese symbols with two halo's over top of it looking down. They represent my mom and dad as Guardian Angels looking over him (and me too I guess). It is something that means everything that I have in life. My son and the wonderful memories of my parents and having them as Guardian Angels. I am still going to get the fire dept one. However I just want my left are for the sentimental type tatts. I have recently thought that I could put the fire dept one under the Chinese symbols and tie it into the pre-existing one there now by saying that the Guardian Angels are looking down on me while on calls (and everyday life also). Kinda the reasons that I make every effort to come home after every call. I am going to get the third one on the right arm. I referee High School football and am looking to move to the college ranks. I also want a football colored in black and white stripes (like our shirts) representing my officiating. All three of them will have a special meaning to me and I can't wait to get them.

This is one i drew last year, I got it on 9/11..
Im a volunteer with Fort Oglethorpe Fire & Rescue... One of my brothers Jarrett Little at my station died on January 31st, 2008... I plan on getting a tattoo in his honor!!!
I have a Maltise Cross on my right arm. In the top it has "Courage" engulfed in flames that represents "Courage under fire".... The bottom contains the number 343 in memory of our Fallen Brothers........one side has a 4-leaf clover to represent my Irish background..... the other side has an axe and in the middle is "Fir Na Tine" which is Gaelic for "Men of Fire" and it is also engulfed in flames........ I see no problem with tattoos.....they dont make you any less of a Christian.
I know that we are governed today by the new testament. Any laws that have changed are addressed in the neew testament. The one scripture that is addressed in the old testament and not in the new is Lev. 19. 28. It states

"You shall not make any cuttings iin your flesh for the dead nor tatoo any marks on your body. I am the Lord"

I have not found any change for this in the new testament, so my personal feelings are still held to this due to the fact of not a change under the new law.
I dont see why christian can not have tattoos. One of my youth pastors had one when I was in school.
I have two myself.

Firefighter Casteel
I believe that if the Tatts where a sin and that is all they would be nothing more. Than that sin is equal to cutting your hair. This is the reason Christ was sent for our salvation. Its not what you do its who you are and what you believe and your relationship with GOD. The section of Leviticus also covers cutting hair, eating bloody meat.

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgement on DISPUTABLE matters. One mans faith allows him to eat anything,but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him.and the man that does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does.

Special note I have no tats and I am a follower of Christ who has had the same question.

Romans 14 & 15

Thank you for this discussion just found a new favorite in the bible.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service