We're beta testing a member rankings system. You'll see it in each member's profile under their primary photo. This may or may not be a long term feature, so we'll see how it goes. It is mostly based on content participation...

Points are based on: Friends, group participation, forum participation, posting blogs, photos, videos, music and events, comments made on your profile and given on others, and invitations sent ... most of this is cumulative to date except invitations only counts new ones. This is all BETA so can't divulge how points are assigned just yet as I'm still toying around with it ... but it isn't a popularity contest -- the number of friends you have carries the LOWEST weighting.

The rankings are:

- Everyone is a FFN Responder to start
- At 1,500 points you become an FFN Pro
- At 2,500 points you become an FFN Veteran
- At 5,000 points you become an FFN Salty Dog
- At 7,500 points you become an FFN 5-Alarm Guru
- At 10,000 points you become an FFN Legend
- And, at 15,000, you're an FFN Superstar (no one is there yet! :)

Stay tuned for more details. This won't be hugely promoted until we see how it goes. I'll probably swap out the icons as well with something more firematic soon.

There's another feature called 'Visitor Radar' which you will see ONLY on your OWN profile -- right at the top above your name. It shows what other members have visited your profile recently. This is VERY MUCH in beta mode and may not stay because I'd like to get feedback if you even want people knowing what profiles you viewed so post away ... :) You won't see what non members viewed your profile which is usually many, many more...

Thanks
Dave

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Believe me..weighting will be adjusted over time to reward 'good' stuff and not overly incent the 'annoying stuff' :) There's another provider working on a similar system so seeing what happens over next few weeks..
I siphoned them off your page and sold them to the highest bidder on E-bay.

Then I took the leftovers to the ticket counter and got a slinky, a plastic whistle and a pair of those funny glasses with the red rings that make your eyes go buggy when you stare at them too long.
I'm not seeing the visitor radar on my page.

Do you need 3D glasses for that?
OK that answers my questions...

cant wait to see this evolve
I like the additions. The radar is interesting ie, does anybody visit me? I leave comments on peoples' blogs, threads and photos - and like it when others do the same to me!

The ranking? It's used elsewhere, and shows participation, which is fine. The ranking names I'll have to cope with because I can't think of better ones! You can't even use firefighter ranks, because they're different all over the world. I'll get used to them :)
Hey,

I like the new features, especially the radar. The ranking is kind of cool as well. Keep em!!!!

Kristy
It's a link just above your avatar/profile photo...
WC the Visitor Radar is a great tool. thanks and keep up the good work.
Dave,
I'm thoroughly curious as to why I'm actually losing points vs. increasing them with online activity?
I started at FFN Legend, regressed to Guru, and today have dropped down another category?
did the points thing stop
I was wondering the same thing...
Same here. Points one day,nothing the next.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service