All Discussions Tagged 'hose' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Using The Hose Over The Shoulder

Recently, my business partner and I instructed a fire skills session at a CFA fire training ground for an underground mine rescue company.…

Started by lutan1

29 Dec 21, 2023
Reply by Haldun-TRK

100ft length attack hose vs 50ft lengths??

Starting a discussion for pros and cons of 100 and 50 foot attack hose. Mainly, are there any benefits of 100 foot lengths? My department b…

Started by Andrew

10 Mar 15, 2017
Reply by Andrew

Single Jacket 1-3/4 handlines.

I have seen a set up of a 300 foot 1-3/4 handline off the rear of an engine. Now, this isn't rubber coated single jacket stuff, but the kin…

Started by Scott Taylor

3 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by John M. Scheibel

Hose lays

My company uses minute man loads for our cross lays. This kind of load is not the best kind for our area and staffing. We tried to load the…

Started by edward mccauley

17 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Derek R.

Hose Testing

What are you Dept's policies on hose testing? Who does it, How offen, and Why? I work for a Company(my day job) that does it, and I want to…

Started by Craig Billman

17 May 31, 2011
Reply by Ray Myers

2 or 2 and half?

Hi all the fighters here, I'm still new to fire-fighting so wanna ask you guys some questions regarding to best pipeline to be used (might…

Started by Vince Lim Yu Sin

17 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by Al "Top" Styles

Hose Identification

I run with a volunteer department.  We are about to do hose test on all hose.  Over the years, our hose has lost it's stenciling.  I was no…

Started by Michael A. Thompson

18 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by 55 TRUCK

Win a Fire Department Baseball Hat! "Guess how much a highrise hosepack and SCBA weigh?"

Highrise operations require firefighters to take equipment up to the staging floor, and then to the incident location. These operations r…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

15 Feb 25, 2010

So... We Should've Done That Training With That Big Yellow Hose...Put Your Caption

put your caption for this lovely picture i need to add that the chief was first on scene and that the line was deployed after , the chiefs…

Started by luis campos

29 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by John Rulli Jr.

Hose Strap uses

Well the title is pretty self explanatory. What uses do you guys know for a hose strap? (basically I've heard the praises of the hose str…

Started by Adam Box

7 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by Pat Griffin

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service