All Discussions Tagged 'Fire' (99)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Map Packs

I am about to embark on creating map packs for my department. Its a 42 square mile district with not many roads. I was curious what new ide…

Started by AJ

8 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by Dale Loberger

Old Newbie

My fire service history dates to 1969 at Engine 6 in New London, Connecticut where I bunked in as a volunteer for three years.  Before leav…

Started by Barry Greer

0 Jul 13, 2011

Someone please explain this to me

I am not looking to criticize, but our Fire Department recently purchased the skid unit in these photos to use as our "new Brush Unit."  Th…

Started by Greenman

24 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Kenneth Scamman

10 Yr 9/11 Manhattan to Manhattan Tour goes to Chicago Fire!

After visiting with over 100 fire departments across our nation, since leaving Manhattan Beach (CA) on January 25th, the Manhattan to Manh…

Started by Brett Hill

0 Jun 30, 2011

Cairns faceshield

Hello brothers and sisters of FFN.  I have recently accired a Cairns 1972 Model 660 C Metro Firehelmet.  It is in decent shape but the face…

Started by John-Paul Cody Mudd

2 May 27, 2011
Reply by John-Paul Cody Mudd

FF Board Interview

Hey everyone! I am applying to Henrico County VA Division of fire and I just passed the CPAT test last weekend. Now I am starting to prepar…

Started by Justin Weinmann

3 May 16, 2011
Reply by George Parker

Austrian Olympic Swimmer Rescued from Fla. Sand Burial

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A member of the Austrian Olympic swim team had to be rescued after he used a bucket to dig a large hole that col…

Started by FFN WebTeam

1 May 9, 2011
Reply by Fabulous Heather Days of Summer

Wildland Urban Interface Firefighting Water Supplies [Includes (4) New Videos]

For many of us here in California, wildfires season last all year round because of drought, high temperatures and excessive fuel loads in o…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

18 Apr 24, 2011
Reply by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

NJ Police Officer Loses Home and family dog

On Friday, March 25, around noon, the Saddle Brook Fire Volunteer Fire Dept in Bergen County, New Jersey, was dispatched to 305 Adriana St…

Started by Kevin Teel

0 Mar 26, 2011

Elected Fire Chief: What are the Pro's and Con's?

Our state legislature is considering a bill that would assist communities with creating county-wide consolidated fire departments. However,…

Started by Q2Brunner

16 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by Tracey Lynn Morris

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service