All Discussions Tagged 'training' (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

UL: Impact Of Fire Behavior, Ventilation

Underwriters Laboratory provides you with a wealth of new information on ventilation and fire behavior in the modern home. Underwriters L…

Started by Bill Carey

1 Dec 26, 2010
Reply by Jeff Cole

Making The Stretch: Why "Rip and Run" Doesn't Work

Grabbing the pipe, a fold and running like a bat out of hell will almost guarantee that the second due will have your fire. The followin…

Started by Bill Carey

45 Dec 24, 2010
Reply by Ben Waller

You're Only As Good As Your Last Fire. Or Race.

Simple lessons for firefighting from the horse racing world. When not working I spend a lot of time with horses. You can learn a lot fro…

Started by Bill Carey

0 Dec 18, 2010

How Is Your Truck Work Defined? Ladders

November's training prompt challenges you to look at one important part of truck work: Ladders. Truck work, or ladder company operations…

Started by Bill Carey

1 Dec 12, 2010
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

Please help me with the long road to becoming a FF/Paramedic

Hello,   I am currently a senior in high school and 17, I am allready signed up and accepted into an EMT-B program at my local Hospital, I…

Started by Eduardo Herminio Burgos

1 Nov 21, 2010
Reply by Damon La Blue

Engine Co. Probie: Where Am I Going?

The new guy was just putting away the last dish when someone yelled "First due box!" He's the last one on board and the engine pulls out ju…

Started by Bill Carey

9 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by capcityff

Eyesight Standards

Does anyone know the vision standered for career fire departments? I am currently testing but I am a little concerend that my vision may ke…

Started by Chris Haefner

2 Nov 10, 2010
Reply by Chris Haefner

Running The Line: Estimating The Stretch

The housewatch wakes you, hitting the intercom yelling "first due box!". At o-dark-thirty did you hear the address? Did it tell you how man…

Started by Bill Carey

0 Nov 4, 2010

Training

So I have a question for everyone. I have been trying to finish up my FF1 proboard cert. I am running into a problem with my department. Fi…

Started by Chris Haefner

14 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Chris Haefner

Where's the Water? Delays and Reasons Why

A San Francisco apartment fire garnered a lot of attention from the customers about where the water was. Take this misunderstanding and tur…

Started by Bill Carey

19 Oct 25, 2010
Reply by Jay Nicholson

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service