General Firefighting & Rescue Discussion (6,243)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

FireRescue Magazine: Thermal Imaging Use in Fire Prevention

Wait, did I just say camera? This TI image shows an obstructed view of a power strip with adapters under a cabinet. (Photos courtesy of B…

Started by FFN WebTeam

1 Dec 2, 2020
Reply by Tomas Hawk McKinnon

The Highly Qualified Fireman*

You must be constantly evolving Your attitude defines who you are. (Unsplash, Thomas Park) By Hannah Elliott “Who you are speaks so lou…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Sep 22, 2020

Social Media: The Bad Stuff

Know the rules before you post By Rob Reardon Social media can be very bad for our organizations.  Fires, car accidents, and medical runs…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Sep 16, 2020

The Roundtable: Operational Planning for Economic Hardships

What’s happening in YOUR department? Bill Carey and Bobby Halton The coronavirus pandemic has thrown all of us off kilter – even the mon…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Sep 16, 2020

SCBA

What brand of kind SCBA do you use. My fire department just got Drager SCBA units yesterday and I really like them a lot better than the Sc…

Started by Cory Imes

0 Aug 17, 2020

Volunteer Feedback

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I am a volunteer Chief of a small department. I was wondering if any other volunteer departments have used an…

Started by Joel C Bruneski

0 Jul 25, 2020

Firefighter, Military and Essential Worker Fishing Tournament

I'm a Lieutenant with the FDNY (32 years and still active) and I'm working with the Terry Farrell Firefighters Foundation (I worked with Te…

Started by tom

0 May 24, 2020

New Fire Truck for Athens Volunteer Fire Station

Dear friends,I am writing on behalf of our volunteer fire station located in Athens. We are completely self-funded and attend around 400 in…

Started by Carlos Silvera

0 May 22, 2020

Mobile App to Manage Fire Hydrants

Hi, I am the creator of the app / service called Fire Hydrant Manager (http://firehydrantmanager.com). I invite all fire departments / fire…

Started by Aaron Wright

1 Mar 5, 2020
Reply by Aaron Wright

going for my ham license

after careful consideration I'm going for my ham license. Ive had a spate of repairing radios and antenna systems due to an incident where…

Started by Ted Mead

0 Mar 4, 2020

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service