Ten Commandments of Safety
- LEARN the safe way to do your job before you start.
- THINK safety, and ACT safety at all times.
- OBEY safety rules and regulations – they are there for YOUR protection.
- WEAR appropriate personal protective clothing at all times.
- CONDUCT yourself properly at all times – horseplay and freelancing is strictly prohibited.
- OPERATE only the equipment you are authorized to use and do it safely every time.
- INSPECT tools and equipment for safe conditions before starting work.
- ADVISE your superior promptly of any unsafe conditions or practices.
- REPORT any Injury immediately to your superior.
10. SUPPORT your safety program and take an active role in safety daily.
Safety in the fire service is a matter of attitude. We must work to foster the right attitudes. We can not afford not to! As the old saying goes “Better Safe Than Sorry”.