In today's times it is hard to find quality people to volunteer fire department. This discussion is to provide a chat where we can discuss different recruitment ideas.

Views: 197

Replies to This Discussion

Mr. Lin, Thanks for joining in. I also am a professional firefighter. I work a 24/48 as a career firefighter so I volunteer on my off days. It is not about the money to most volunteers. It is about giving back to the community they are a part of. There are laws protecting the jobs of volunteer firefighters. If you cant respond to a call though thats fine. That is why you have to have more firefighters at a volunteer department than a career department

Jimmy Lin said:

Mr Hawkins,it's my honor to join this discussion.I am a professional fireman and also an USAR,both full time and paid by government.My question is,being a volunteer fireman,where to get paid?And if a voluneer fireman can not get paid,how to run his own family?The last question is,when a volunteer fireman is doing his own job(we assume he is a factory worker),and a fire happens,his boss tells him if he leaves in response of the fire,he lose his job and salary,should he go or just stay on the working position as told?I am looking forward to you reply.

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2017   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service