How is NFPA 1710 & 1720 working for you? Do your elected officials care or are they ignoring it. I think we are gaining some ground in our area, all be it slowly & painfully. Tell me what you think of the standard, let me know any thoughts you have on the subject.

Views: 209

Replies to This Discussion

I feel they have pretty much ignored it. I know my Chief is aware of its components, and would like to improve things, but nothing has changed here. It seems much easier for officials to ignore it and hope nothing happens. Needless to say, I don't agree with that.
I have found many do not understand what NFPA is or really what a FD is when you come down to it. Standards should be recommended baseline first of all. (Two in two out) we all know this to be baseline safety and that more support is needed for true scene safety, Second we need more education to the public as to what we do and services provided, the more the average person knows the more likely you are to get needed support. And lastly be efficient in the services you provide. I see a lot of waste just because they have the money.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service