Hey everyone, just wanted to know how many of the members of this group are on LAST Teams and what you think about them so far.

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

I am a member of the New Jersey Team. There are 5 of us with one Lead CAST and 4 Deputy CAST's. We each have experience with LODD's in our own departments as well as others in the tri-state area. We are advocates of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the 16 Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives. The LAST Teams are an important extension of the Foundations mission and will prove to be very successful in the support of our fallen brothers and sisters families and departments. This year was the first time New Jersey LODD families had the opportunity to met each other before the memorial weekend, talk about their fallen firefighter, learn about the weekend, and ask questions. The feedback was extremely positive. I highly recommend attending the annual National Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Emmitsburg. It is a truly humbling experience, you will make lifelong friends, and get the opportunity to meet the great people who work tirelessly behind the scenes to support our families. Having the courage to be safe means changing a culture, and change is hard because it requires work. It starts with you and I when we lead by example and walk the talk.
I am the CAST for the Missouri team.
We have been involved in 4 line of duty deaths so far in 2008 here in Missouri and feel we are making a big impact. Our funeral team has been together for about 3 years now and have been received very well throughout the state.
Here is a link to our team website

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service