I started as a volunteer in Iowa 29 years ago so I guess that qualifies me as an Iowa Fire Fighter. Do we have anyone from Carrol County or Pleasant Hills out there?

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

From Carroll Iowa here. Born and raised, and am now a proud volunteer firefighter for the department.
Brother Nathan,

Glad to meet you! I grew up in Coon Rapids! Dad was with CRVFD for over 30 years and held ranks of Assistant Chief and Training Officer for many years. When I was 4 years old I was made an honerary member. Dad passed in '79 and Mom remarried and moved to Carroll and had the house right behind the County ambulance office, which was ironic because she and dad were one of the first volunteers with the abulance substation in Coon Rapids. I don't get that way often any more mom is in a retirement home in Waverly now (my sister lives there) but I try to make a detour once in a while to come to Dedham to stop by Kit's Meat Market actually I was there just about a month ago. Best dried beef and ring boloney in the country. I grew up each weekend at Swan Lake camping with Mom and Dad and spent every weekend of my teenage years at the Drive In Movie on Hwy 30 out by the airport. I could tell you many stories. Once again I am so glad to meet you.

Capt. Rick
I've been an Iowa Firefighter for about a year now. I love every minute of it! I'm working my way up the ladder in Emergency Management and wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be in a position one day where I was asking things of the Fire Department that I had never done myself.
As for the Caroll bit... I grew up in Harlan. Hope that doesn't offend any Tigers or Knights out there!
Clint,

No offense has been taken. Spent many a good times in Perry and in Harlan but I would think it was before your time. My family is in the Panora area, with my cousin in Grimes. and I was rescue Officer in Pleasant Hill for several years in the 80s.

Capt. Rick

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service