Hello everybody. I want to use this discussion to let everyone talk about what airport he is from or whatever he wants to say about his job.

Well, I'll do the start.
I'm a firefighter at Cologne Airport in Germany. It's the 4th biggest passenger airport in Germany and the 2nd biggest cargo airport. UPS has its europe hub there and FedEx is building a new huge hub this time. My fd consists of two firehouses with together 23 fire trucks. 104 firefighters do their job in a two-shift-system. 21 firefighter have to be there each 24 hours.

Views: 650

Replies to This Discussion

hi, 

Michael Bleifeld 

my name is sarwar i am from pakistan and from last 18 years i am working in pakistan civil aviation at defrent airport  as a senior aircraft rescue fire fighter recently i visited usa for new  ARFF vehicle striker training . presently i am working at Pakistan,s bigest airport jiap Karachi i hop that we will share information and latest technologies regarding ARFF.

with best regard

sarwar

The topic of discussion is of good intrest.

I'm an Aviation Fire Officer at a cat.9 airport of Federal Airports Authority Of Nigeria,Africa.with 32years in service.

Currently a watch commander.

Greetings all,

I am an 18 year firefighter here at Sacramento International Airport. We are classified as a "modified" C-index airport. We have three ARFF units as well as an engine and a grass unit. The ARFF consists of a 3000 gallon E-One Titan HPR, a 1500 gallon Rosenbaurer Panther, and a 1500 gallon E-ONE Titan HPR reserve unit. Our staff pales in comparison (28) to your staff Michael! I was stationed in Germany many moons ago, and although I got to visit your beautiful city, I didn't get to see the airport. I wished I had now.

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2017   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service