I'm very excited to be able to tell all of you that FASNY has partnered with TargetSafety Inc. to offer a customized 8-hour ONLINE training program designed to assist you in complying with the annual non-practical (aka non-hands on) OSHA/PESH refresher as required by NYS.

See the attached flier for details...and for those of you attending the Chief's Show this weekend up in Lake George, stop by the Target Safety and the FASNY booths for more info.

One proviso, because for obvious reasons the hands-on component of the annual refresher cannot be conducted via computer, there will be a space on your training certificate for both SCBA and Equipment hands-on training that will have to be conducted at your department for your Chief to sign off on.

Any Chief who signs up 10 or more of his or her department members will also receive free access to Chief Brunacini's "Boss Behavior" online training seminar.

This is heady stuff folks, and we're the first organization to offer this program in NYS. One catch...you MUST be a member of FASNY (on an individual level ) to register for the class. If you're not sure of your status, contact the FASNY office to find out. We'll have a space on our website (currently under construction) where you can sign up to become a member of FASNY ($10 individual) and then sign up for the OSHA class ($10).

Our game plan is to have this program go "live" on July 1, 2008, but we're announcing it as July, 2008 to cover any unanticipated delays.

Any questions either post them here or private message me.

Mel

Views: 260

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

That is great, can't wait..
Nice work.

I have 6,000 members in our "department." How do I get the Brunacini training access?
They're still setting up the process. We're working on getting the FASNY website updated, and Target Safety is working on linking the two and tying in to our database.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service