Around 10:30 Flanders and Oswegatchie fire departments responded to I-95 in the area of Exit 80 to 75 for a rollover. First due companies found two TT-units with four cars shredded over about 1000' on the south bound lane at Exit-75. Several occupants still in their vehicles. The tanker of diesel was leaking heavily from the bottom rear. Crew searched the area for victims, They found 3 DOA, walking wounded and at least one still in the vehicle. A request for M/A for the Dep Foam trailers, Pfizer foam truck, Subase Haz-mat, Multiple companies from Niantic, Jordan,Cohanzie , Chesterfield. Tankers from various departments. L&M Medics and ambulance crews handled the injured and transport them to L&M and Backus. Haz-mat & Fire crews foamed and diked the leaking liquids as other crews were setting up booms in the near by waterways in case diesel makes its way into the river near by. Command requested The IMT team for scene support. Other known agencies were CSP, DEP,DOT, Coast Guard. At this time I-95 & the lower end of I-395 will be closed for at least 8-24 hours. Major backups on the side roads will be continuing, for hours.

For more shots www.nlcfirephotos.blogspot.com

Views: 180

Attachments:

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service