I am not an official AUS firie but I spent six weeks in QLD and NSW working with my brothers from down under on a job study through Rotary International. I had the chance to start in Coolangatta, go up through Brisbane, Boonah, Warwick, then down to Grafton, Iluka, Narang, and Surfer's, as well as a couple of days in Sydney before leaving. Just wanted to say, "G'day".

Views: 189

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John,
Do you know a Danny Reynolds at your station? He told us he was there for 10 years.
Tim
Darwin
Just joined this group and thought it would be polite ( now thats a first) to say hi. Racing around the city of Amsterdam in my gmt600 chevy ambulance is more than fun believe me. Running into a tourist in need of help and kneeling down next to them to hear the unmistakable Oz accent is heartwarming, the look on their face when I say G'day! is more than hilarious, last guy I did that to thought he was still in Oz, took ages to convince him he definitly was in Holland... anyway.. G'day!
Hi guys, I'm also a volly in the CFS, at Bridgewater in the Adelaide Hills. We are an Urban / Rural fringe brigade and are kept reasonably busy. Have been a member there for nearly 5 years now and my wife is an aux member and is part of the team that run our brigades Op-shop.
Hey guys, Im a paid firie with NSWFB, 412 Station Orange (3 hrs west of syd) We do about 1400 calls a year, we are primary recue for the area. We operate 3 appliances, 1 Scania Rescue Pumper, 1 Class 2 Izuzu Rescue Pumper and a 4x4 Tanker. Our social club also owns a lovely old 1931 Dennis 250 Pumper, Restored to how it orginally served with NSWFB. Keep up the great work boys (and ladies!) and my heart goes out to the CFA, and all those affected in VIC.
Hi there, Im a vollie firefighter in Brisbane Queensland....Im based at Clear Mountain Rural Fire Brigade -QFRS.
Im also a member of the Pine Rivers Rural Fire Brigade Group as well. Been in Queensland Fire & Rescue for around 6 y ears now and love every minute of it!!
Most of Queensland is flooded at the moment,but some crews up here in Brisbane are on standby ready to go to Victoria if asked to help out with the fires...

G'day Mick. 

The site has been rather quite. Perhaps I need to do a post about flow rates. That normally gets things happening:)

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service