I didn't go to irescue 2010 this year with too many work commitments, but I was looking on the ARRO ( http://www.arro.org.au/01_cms/details.asp?ID=258 )website this morning and came across a Case Study which shows the rescue crews attending a car udner truck call.

As part of the extrication, they winched the car out from udner the truck.

Got some fantastic photos showing it in action.

See attachment below....

Views: 1259

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Like anything else we do,it can come out of necessity. AND just about everything we do now was a NEW idea and frowned on at some point in development. Ben and I argue about a lot of stuff. I actually ENJOY our conversations. I DO agree with him that EVERY tool in the box should be considered and that our patients VIABILITY is job 1. With my Extensive history with recovery equipment,our ongoing training program and the way our agencies work together I'm VERY comfortable with what I put up here. I BELIEVE as time progresses you will see more activity in this area. If you aren't comfortable,don't have trained operators,haven't practiced or are prohibited by State law,it's REALLY simple.........DON'T do it.
The most forgotten issue is to cover all the sharp edges after cutting. Use the right designed material and will not injure the personel and protect the victims.

www.rescueprotectionset.com
Attachments:

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service