Trying to gather some opinions.  We are in the process of replacing one of our ambulances.  The one getting replaced is a 2000 Freightliner.  Our other one is a 2006 International.  It seems that I have seen more of the Freightliners on the road where communities can afford them.  We do like the International, just that the International service centers around are terrible and always busy.  Never a good sign to see a lot of new trucks getting service.  Downfall to the Freightliner is that the closest service center is almost a hour away.  What are some pros and cons for both chassis.  We like the larger trucks because we believe that we can get a longer service life out of them.  We are a rural community with an average transport of 5-8 miles.

Some of the differences I have seen between the chassis we have is that the Freightliner has a better turning radius.

Any thoughts and/or comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Views: 2635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well the freightliner does have a better turning radius and is a bit more money then the International. We have already have had 2 recalls on our new international. I personally like freightliners myself. When it comes down to it; how much of tax payer money can you justify spending on personal preference. Both are good trucks and should be looked at from a cost vs benefit for your community's size and tax base. Which truck do you have the least trouble with? Do you have a back up ambulance in case one is in the shop for a couple of  days? If so does it matter if the service garage is a hour away? These are questions you need to be asking yourself's. I don't know your area. When we replaced our tanker in 2013 even though we wanted another freightliner we couldn't justify the $12,000 more it was going to cost.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service