A simple reminder to take that few seconds to Click It before the truck or your personal vehicle rolls out the door.  A simple thing that can save a life, even yours.

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mindless treacle. I hate stuff like this.

We have a constant problem of guys not wearing all of their PPE, not wearing it correctly, and (of course) not wearing their seatbelts. The officer and driver need to take control of this, and (more importantly) departments should clearly state in their policies and training that if you aren't wearing PPE (including a seatbelt) then the department will not be fully liable for your bills if you are injured.
Most drivers wont move untill everyone is buckled, I also believe that NFPA wanted to try something where the truck wont move go into gear is someone is not buckled.
I dislike the idea of any sort of seatbelt interlock system in an emergency vehicle. With sensors, logic relays, wiring and all those connections, there are too many things to potentially go wrong. I can just see it now- "Well, I guess we'll have to call another department for their ladder, guys. I don't know what's wrong...we're all buckled up, right?"

It's a matter of human accountability. It shouldn't be left to some goof-proof devices to make us do what we're supposed to do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service